Sunday, May 30, 2010

Bullying: Power of One Bully Prevention

Some feelings and behaviours are a normal part of growing up. However, the invisibility of some mental health disorders makes them easy to overlook, unlike a heart problem or a broken leg. It's often difficult to identify.

1 in 5 kids in Ontario struggles with their mental health such as anxiety disorder, depression, conduct disorder, ADHD, eating disorders, schizophrenia and bi-polar disorder etc. Conduct Disorder is such as bullying, vandalism etc. and 6 out of 10 ends up in prison later in life. Research has proven that early intervention is critical to providing a hopeful and healthy future for kids.

This is a video made for Bullying Presentation at Venerable John Merlini Catholic School. "The Power of One Oath: I will not bully others, I will not stand by while others are bullied, I will report bullying whenever I see it; because I have the power of one."


No comments:

Post a Comment